Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Little bit of an odd dental situation?

Hey everyone, Ok when i was in 8th grade (10 years ago now) i was playing football, got hit wrong and my left front tooth broke... had a route canal done, post put in and a crown thrown on top, so about 10 trips to 3 different dentists i got a new tooth. Well the last two days it has hurt like crazy... but not the pain normally associated with teeth, more like a dull pain. i do have a horrible habit that i can't exactly control of griding my teeth in my sleep (i know, i know). I thought it was gone until my girlfriend told me otherwise. I have been meaning to get a night mouth guard my dentist suggested but with no dental insurance being a real estate agent/investor that's been put on the back bumper. I was just wondering from a DOCTOR'S point of view should i be worried about it or should i pay the few hundred bucks to get it examined?
--------------------
If the root canal treatment was succesful, you shouldn't feel pain on the tooth. You definitely should let a dentist check it and have xrays taken on whole mouth. It's possible that the tooth inside broke or traumatized from the metal post being pushed through your grinding habit. But we can never be certain unless we have clinical and dental view of the tooth.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment