Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Can I take a legal action regarding my ex-gf using my insurance without my authorization or consent?

My ex-gf and were separated for almost 4 years now. We have two kids. I am now married, and she's dating someone for a quite a while now too. Me and my ex-gf use to have a domestic partnership thing filed at work so that i can cover her from my insurance. But since we broke up, I filed something at work to waived the demostic partnership. And also to remove her as a dependent on my medical, dental vision insurance, except for my kids. But I found out from VSP, that my ex-gf was able to use my VSP insurance just last year, june 2008 without my knowledge. We've been separated since late 2005.I double check with my HR rep and they said that she's been out since 2006. And the dependents that i have are my 2 kids plus my wife. Things are pretty nasty between me and here before this happened. I do have 50/50 custody with the kids, and i am paying child support at the same time. Is there anything that i can do legaly on my part for using my insurance without my authorization? Please let me know... Thanks!
--------------------
Notify the insurance company, if the insurance company told her that she was covered, it isn't fraud, the insurance company will be obliged to get their money back from her. For you to go after her, you have to prove that she did it with the intent to defraud, she can claim that she just assumed she was insured. He said she said. Make sure her insurance is canceled, and move on.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment