Tuesday, April 19, 2011

how much did you pay for a root canal on a back molar #32?

I just went to the dentist and they quoted me $1900 for a root canal, build up, and crown. This seemed a little high to me (especially since I do not have dental insurance)? To pull the tooth would cost $290 which also seemed quite high. I just want to know what everyone else thought about the price before I pay for a second opionion. Thanks
--------------------
Tooth #32 is a wisdom tooth. You don't really need this tooth. Most adults don't have enough room in their mouths for their wisdom teeth anyway. Your dentist knows this or at least he should. There is no reason to keep this tooth. Save your money and hve it removed. $290 is reasonable for the removal of the tooth. You can get a second opinion if you would like, but I'd remove the tooth. Save your money.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment