Wednesday, April 20, 2011

is it safe to get dental work done if you are pregnant?

i lost a filling by trying to chew on taffy. the pain it so bad, but if i go to the dentist will they be able to do anything because i am pregnant? i would have called by now to ask but my regular dentist is only open mon. through thurs. and i can't find another one who takes my insurance
--------------------
yes, you can and should have dental work done while pregnant, just make sure to tell your dentist you are pregnant so they can make sure to take special care of you myself i needed to have a wisdom tooth pulled while pregnant... i was in such bad pain over it is was effecting my eating which was of course not good for the baby.... my dentist required a letter from my OB before they would consent to treat me... i was even able to have a dental xray, they took extra precautions including doubling my lead aprons so call your dentist first thing monday, and make sure to start out by saying you are pregnant incase they want a letter from your OB
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment