Sunday, April 10, 2011

Pros and Cons of dental assisting career? Going to an accredited school, will I get health insurance/benefits?

when I get a job? I am 18 I wanted to do hygiene but several hygienist told me not to. In my area a girl from my town works one day a week! She drives 20 minutes to work also. I stand a good chance of getting in at a community college near me for assisting. We will do clinicals at the college. It says on the college site you will make between $14-$18 an hour plus benefits after you graduate. I have read some things on indeed.com and many assistants hate their jobs? I don't know what to do.
--------------------
The starting salary sounds a bit high depending on where you live. As to benefits, most offices offer them including health insurance. If you work for a good dentist, he will treat the staff special as he really knows their value toward the success of his practice. If you work for a jerk who treats his staff like dirt, you will be unhappy. Fortunately these types are rare. Good luck in your career.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment