Sunday, April 10, 2011

Which types of dental braces are available and what is the average price range with no insurance?

I am considering getting braces. I had them when i was a teen about 10-11 years ago but my mom never took me to the ortho so i just ended up taking them off myself. I had them on the top row only for 2 years and in the end my teeth were really straight but i didn't wear a retainer so they got all jacked up again. Now that i'm older i want them cause i want my teeth straight. The whole time i had them they bugged me. The wires in the back would unravel (even when my mom would take me to get them tightened) and cut into the back wall/gum of my mouth. I used to have to get a ball off wax or even a wad of gum and shove it back there and keep it there and as soon as i would take it out i would be in agony. I still even have a bump (scaring) on both sides of my mouth. Also the braces would cut up and irritate the back of my upper lip which i also had to keep wax or gum between them. Not to mention when you get them tightened your mouth gets so sore it sucks. So i was wondering if there have been new improvements since i had my braces. I am really interested in getting clear braces also. Website links would be appreciated thanks.
--------------------
Hey~ I had braces for 4 years... i deffinately know where you are coming from pain wise.... I know that the type i had were the traditional front of the teeth braces.... i know that as far as prices go.... i paid 5000 for mine (no insurance) and invisalign are about the same price unless you need more severe corretion then they will cost more... but now they are doing a thing called lingual braces and they are brackets placed on the backs of your teeth so they arent visable from the front and they are supposed to be supprisinly comfortable please feel free to im or email me at: avalons_number1_fan@yahoo.com here are some website links hope i helped you out... INVISALINE: http://www.docshop.com/education/dental/orthodontics/invisalign/cost/ LINGUAL: http://www.dentalfind.com/Lingual_Braces/
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment