Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Why Are My Teeth In So Much Pain?

My teeth are killing me. The pain is unbarable sharp and I dont know why. I don't have any cavities so thats out of the picture. The pain just comes and goes and when it comes its so painful that I basically scream my head off and it last for like ten minutes. Does anyone know and I dont have dental insurance so please don't say go see one.
--------------------
If it IS gum disease you need to see a dentist, there is no way around it. However, some other possibilities... How do you know you don't have cavities? You cannot see most cavities and if you haven't seen a dentist because you have no dental insurance than you couldn't know. Or, you may have stress cracks in the crown of your tooth, pretty much invisible and if deep enough very very painful. You need to see a dentist, sorry :/ If you absolutely cannot, here is my last possible cause: grinding your teeth at night? Most people don't know they do it, and it can cause cavity-like phantom pains. If you sleep with someone ask them if they ever hear you, another way to identify it is if your jaw muscles are well toned or sore in the morning. To rule it out, buy a athletic mouth guard/ or a nightguard (which are more expensive). Boil it and form it you your mouth and wear it while you sleep for a week. If your pain COMPLETELY disappears then you have your culprit. I would like to say though, I recommend you go see a dentist incase this is more serious.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment