Thursday, May 5, 2011

Can my boss legally force me to take the company health insurance?

I work for a very small company. They "offer" us insurance but I pay for it, the cost coming out of my biweekly paycheck. I found the same plan, with the same insurance co. for less than half the price if I do it on my own. Can my boss force me to participate in the company insurance? They added dental to the plan 6 months ago. I told them originally I didn't want dental, but they said I HAD to have dental, because either everyone got it, or no one got it since it's a small office. I'm afraid they'll have the same policy for the health insurance. I've worked here for 3 years and I like the work so please don't advise me to quit.
--------------------
Legally, I don't think anyone can force you to sign something that you don't want to. And if they did you would still be responsible so it's your decision but I wouldn't.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment