Thursday, May 5, 2011

I am getting two dental implants soon. Any advice from those with them? Cheaper in Mexico?

Also: - How long after my tooth was extracted do I have to wait? - How long does the procedure take? - Can you get them without cadaver material (that just creeps me out, even though I am told it is safe)? - I am told it will cost about $3500/tooth. My insurance does not cover implants. Should I go to Mexico and if so, where?
--------------------
I had one placed right after the tooth was extracted (minutes). The screw needs to stay in place apprx. 6 months to ensure it fuses with the bone. If you're talking cadaver material you must need a bone graft which will add another 4-6 months on the process. If you don't need a bone graft (bone you have is sufficient to hold the implant) then you don't have to worry about cadavers. Whole process including crown usually takes apprx. 7-12 months. I would not go to Mexico unless you live near the border. Too many things can go wrong and progress needs to be periodically checked by the dentist. $3500 seems a little high per implant. You might want to shop around your area. Also, make sure the implant is guaranteed against failure in the first year. The dentist usually has insurance on the implant and it's included in the price. I had one fail after 6 months and replacement was free including the crown.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment