Thursday, May 5, 2011

Insurance advise?

Ok, so I am thinking of moving out on my own (I'm 19) and when I do I will no longer be covered by my parents insurance policy. So I was wondering what was a good insurance I could get that would not cost a fortune? I am looking for dental coverage and also medical coverage, in case I am in an accident or need to go see the doc. I also have wisdom teeth coming in, so it would need to cover an oral surgeon also. I am currently working at lowes, but I am unsure of how good their insurance is, and will need to work there another 2 months before I can sign up for the insurance. So, my question is, is lowes insurance good? And what are my other options for insurance for dental and medical? Thanks.
--------------------
I believe as long as you are a full time student (it doesn't matter if you live with your parents or not) you can still be covered under your parents' insurance. Once you're no longer a full time student, you wouldn't be covered anymore though. As far as whether or not Lowe's insurance is good... it is probably better than buying your own policy. Health and dental insurance costs a lot of money, and whatever Lowe's would contribute to it is probably better than you getting your own individual coverage. Go with their group insurance.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment