Friday, May 13, 2011

Insurance coverage question....?

I have just health insurance. I do not have dental coverage. I desperately need my wisdom teeth extracted (they are coming in). Would regular health insurance cover this surgery or not? And in general - how much would this procedure cost me?
--------------------
Regular health insurance generally does not cover dental work unless it restorative dental work to repair damage caused by an accident. I don't recommend getting into an accident to have your insurance pay for wisdom tooth extraction. Look around for Dental insurance. Some plans will cover some procedures right away; other plans have a waiting period (6 months) on major work - like extractions. Talk to your dentist, see if you can set up a payment plan. When this 'crisis' ends, go talk to a licensed insurance professional about the exact coverages - life, health, disability etc - you should have. It sounds like you have never looked into a comprehensive risk management (insurance) plan.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment