Thursday, May 19, 2011

My husband's work dropped me off his insurance, can i get insured?

So here is the story, I was on my husbands insurance through his job. I went to the doctor to schedule a surgery for my tonsils. When i get to the doctors office I find out that my husband's insurance dropped me off his policy because he didn't get "the right paperwork" such as marriage certificate in at a timely manner. Even though my husband DID give them my information when they needed it, he has no way to prove it because his old HR manager is no longer with the company. Long story Short... I am now without insurance until April of 2011 and there are no prospective jobs in my town that have benefits I qualify for. I go to school full time in college I am 28 years old, and desperately need to get this surgery done for my tonsils and get the rest of my dental work fixed. Are there any Insurance companies that offer insurance for unemployed workers who do not qualify for Unemployment, and or any companies that give insurance for full time college students? If anyone can help give me and idea for my situation I'd greatly appreciate it thank you in advance. PS I only need the insurance for a couple months until i can either get back on my husband's insurance, or apply for a job at his work when the company opens back up.
--------------------
There aren't any insurance companies that are going to give you insurance that covers this preexisting condition - the need for the tonsilectomy. See, that's how it works - people without insurance want to pay a couple hundred bucks for a month or two, file $20,000 or more of claims, and then cancel the policy. That's exactly WHY you can't buy insurance to cover preexisting conditions (at this time). Insurance companies would go bankrupt selling that kind of coverage. I think hubby really DOES need to talk to the new HR manager, and get them to get you re-added to the policy. Your only OTHER alternative, is to negotiate a cash price for the surgery.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment