Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Should I leave my good paying job for a lower paying one with benefits?

I work as a contractor making 17/hr. I don't get medical, dental, vision, sick leave or vacation benefits which really blows because I have been to the dentist four times in the past 14 months for root canals, crowns, cavities, etc and am due for several more root canals and crowns which cost a lot of $$. On top of this I drive 80-100 miles a day round trip to and from work on my own dime and with gas being so expensive, well. Not just that but the commute is long (2hours most days round trip) and wear and tear on my car sucks too. I could leave this job and make the same doing roof construction with full benefits and be miserable in the winters here in Western Washington OR I could take a low paying office or factory job and have benefits but barely be able to pay my bills. The lack of benefits sucks because i have to pay for everything out of pocket even with my private insurance. The wear and tear on my car, the gas, it all blows. What should I do?
--------------------
What happens if you where to get injured...wouldn't you want coverage instead of paying out of pocket....An ambulance ride is $5,000 alone.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment