Sunday, June 5, 2011

How do I care for a tooth/gum infection?

My wisdom teeth have been gone for 6 years now. The tooth on the bottom left side in the far back was getting crowned 2 years ago- the dentist royally screwed up, so I never went back to him & now I no longer have insurance & my medicaid doesn't cover dental. Is there anyway I can get the little remaining part of this tooth removed? I know I'll need antibiotics first to get rid of the infection in my gums. Can anyone help or give me some helpful advice? Thank you
--------------------
You really need a dentist for this... My fiance had a similar situation, complete with no insurance. Try looking for a docter that takes Care Credit. It's a credit card for this kind of situation. http://www.carecredit.com/ If you can't qualify due to bad/no credit... I suggest either getting a loan or having a family member apply & then get permission to use it (that's what we did) Infection is a big deal in that area. It's dangerous & you do need antibiotics. However, I know a trick that MIGHT be able to help a little. Get some sea salt (not table salt) & mix about 1 teaspoon into 6-8 oz of really warm water. Let is soak into the infected area. Swish it around in your mouth. Sea salt is a natural antiseptic & can help bring the infection out. It tastes horrible...but it helps. Do this several times a day & each time after you eat. If you have a heat pack, hold it to your face for about 10 minutes or so when every you can throughout the day. Also, for the pain (it has to hurt)...invest in some clove oil. It is far superior to anything else on the market for tooth aches. Take an anti-inflammatory (like ibuprofen) for the swelling. I hope that helps. Edit: P.S. Try looking for an Urgent Care clinic. They typically run about $40.00 for a visit & can prescribe you antibiotics for this kind of situation. If you're luckier than me & can take penicillin; you should be able to get that from the Walmart pharmacy for about $4.00
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment