Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fix teeth or try to conceive?

I have been trying to get pregnant for 5 years now. We have a 6 yr old. Tried 3 tries with clomid, first one worked, but ended in miscarriage in January. Now I have a stronger dose of clomid to try, but got bad news from my dentist when I went for the first time in 7 years. I have pretty bad teeth. 12 cavities, and one of those needs a root canal. The root canal will cost about $2000 and to fix the rest of my cavities will be about $2000 so I'm looking at about $4000. We don't have any dental insurance. We have health insurance that covers big things (like pregnancies) after a 2500 deductable. We can use the money in our HSA for things like the dentist, but it doesn't come off of the deductable. So, all but $2500 of a pregnancy will be covered, but the dentist is coming straight from our pockets. I've signed up with CareCredit which helps, but just got 2 teeth fixed and now have a $42 a month bill ( $433 total) which we can pay off in 2-3 months so that's not a problem. I can only charge up to $3000 on it and each time I go is another per month bill. Like $42 + $42(if I were to get the same amount of work done), so my bill would be $84 per month. Our money in our HSA is gone due to all the dentist appts for me and my family plus all my doctor appts and hospital bills(miscarriage, lab work, and ultrasound). We have $44 a week going into the HSA. I just don't know if I should get my teeth fixed first ( which could very likely take me a full year or two to afford) or ttc first which may or may not work. My root canal appt isn't until the end of Sept., but that might have to get pushed back due to money issues. My aunt ( who is 7 yrs younger than me - long story) is going to start ttc her 3rd in october and I know that's totally going to depress me since it happens right away for her without even trying. I'm not getting any younger ( 32 in September) so it's only going to get harder. But I wonder how much longer these teeth can go without getting filled? Obviously waiting 7 years led to at least one root canal. I was going to get them filled 7 years ago, but go pregnant with my son after getting 2 filled. Then just never had the money to get them fixed after. What would you do?
--------------------
Get on a supplemental plan with no waiting periods asap and fix your teeth. I recommend dentalservice4less.com
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment