Saturday, August 13, 2011

Should I go to the dentist or oral surgeon for my wisdom teeth?

I'm 25, haven't been to the dentist in 10 years because of severe anxiety. My wisdom teeth are starting to bother me and 3 are probably impacted, all are through the gum though. They all started to hurt at the same time so I plan on getting them out a.s.a.p. I think I have cavities on all the teeth next to the wisdoms because they're too close together. Anyway, I have no dental insurance and I'm on a limited budget. I have $1,000 in Care Credit and can save $200 a month in cash for dental work. I know my wisdoms need to come out NOW, but I have just enough money to go straight to the oral surgeon's for my xrays, consultation and removal. I spoke to them and got the max. total cost. I am wondering if I should go to the dentist's first instead and have him do the xrays and refer me to the surgeon. Is that the normal way of doing this and would it save me any money to do it this way? Because if I spend the money on a dentist's appt. (he can't pull them because he doesn't do sedation) I may not have enough for the surgery and I can't take it much longer. I do need my cavities fixed though before I end up needing root canals which I just cannot have with my anxiety/lack of money :(
--------------------
well i dont think u have the luxury of time to wait or waste more time..u should straight away go to a dental surgeon..he will do the xrays for u and give u consultation and the removal with one straight shot and without the need of having 2 opinions which can also be a hazarad. and its probably the safe shot to do this because wisdom teeth are usually prefered to be removed anyways..fixing them required continuse care and alot of money waste (like i did) and it can also be dameging to ur other teeth.. take care and all the luck in ur surgeory
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment