Saturday, October 30, 2010

Can I have a PPO Dental Insurance and buy an HMO dental insurance to cover remaining expenses?

My job offers a PPO dental insurance plan through Blue Cross / Blue Shield (Not sure which). Anyhow, I was told by a dentist once that if I have PPO dental through my employer I could purchase an HMO plan separate from my employer and as long as the dentist takes both it should pretty much cover any expenses over which the PPO itself wouldn't cover. Does anyone know if this is true and could anyone recommend insurance plans that this is compatible with? Thanks.
--------------------
This is possible, though both are still limited in their yearly coverage (total $ pay-out), and you will still pay deductibles on both policies. A possibly better (and definitely less expensive) route would be a dental plan. Advantages? No pre-existing condition exclusions, no yearly limits. A great trick I learned from my research reference, is to find out what plans your dentist takes first and then check those out. You can also research dental insurance companies there. Wish you the best...
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment