Monday, November 22, 2010

How does not having insurance affect getting dental treatment?

I've never been to the dentist in my life. I've got a cavity I want to take care of, but I really don't know where to start. I mean, I found a dental place near home, but I just simply don't know what to ask or look for. Ex: fees, do I need to make an appointment, etc. One main thing I'm worried about is not having insurance and possibly being denied treatment.
--------------------
As long as you have money they will take care of you. But expect to pay up front for the services. Also, for some reason they have a higher rate for those paying cash instead of insurance. I only found that out, after I no longer had insurance, and when to the dentist office to get some work done. They said they would give me the insurance rate to get it done. Seems to me they would charge less for those paying cash than for insurance.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment