Sunday, November 14, 2010

What are the pros and cons of dental insurance?

is it worth it?Is it something as useful as, say, medical insurance or life insurance?
--------------------
Yes, its definitely worth it and useful. But make sure you get the best or highest dental insurance possible. When my hubby and I got married I made sure he changed to the highest premium dental instead of the basic. That's because despite having the premium there were some things they did not want to cover like antibiotics and I had to wait a month before I got pre-certified. I just went to a Periodontist ( dentist that specializes in gum work & deep cleanings) for a perio-scale. My estimated total was $1,611 and out of that I had to pay $456 + my $75 deductible= a total of $531...ouch! My husband was not happy about that at all since they require you to pay the cost up front and lets face it dental work is very expensive but well needed you don't have a choice. The benifits would be to save more money but unfortunately there are some things that will not be covered...thats about it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment