Friday, December 17, 2010

United Healthcare Insurance/Dental?

I just started using dental insurance with United Healthcare. I need 2 of my wisdom teeth cut out, under Frequency Limitations it says 1 per lifetime. So, does that mean they will only pay for 1 of them to be extracted during my lifetime????? I am a little confused. Also, does anyone else have this plan? Do you have to pay for all cost out of pocket and then file a claim?
--------------------
"Once per lifetime" means one numeric tooth. For example, if tooth #1 has to be extracted the insurance company will pay just once for this particular tooth. Sounds weird, I know, but that's how insurance policies work. In regards to the payments it really depends on the dental office. If dental office is a participating provider, you don't have to file any claims. The office will file the claim for you. There can be a co-payment for surgical procedure. Approximately 20%, but some offices don't ask patients to co-pay.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment