Friday, January 28, 2011

Acscess tooth, no dental insurance, what do you recommend?

My husband has a back tooth that is broken and abscess. We know he needs to go see a dentist right away, but we dont have the cash to just walk right in and have it fixed. We have a dental plan but it doesnt go into effect until July 1st, 08. What other options do you think we have? I dont want him to keep suffering or something worse happen. And the detists that I have called wont tell me what it might cost because it depends on how bad it is....my husbands is bad. It is a broken tooth, they cant just pull it, they will have to cut it out I am sure.
--------------------
I just got a large, chipped molar right next to my wisdom tooth extracted and it was abcess as well. I have insurance, but it didn't cover much. The bill said the cost was $226 for the extraction, $30 for the novocaine, and $20 for the after care before insurance. Almost half of the tooth was missing and they were still able to pull it without cutting. They caught the abcess early but it was still abcess nonetheless. I live in Maryland, and I think your price might be much cheaper than mine even without insurance. If this still doesn't sound like it suits you, talk to different dental places about payment plans and I'm sure some of them will try to work something out with you. Definitely don't wait until July! I can only imagine what kind of pain your husband is in, I couldn't sleep for three days because of my pain and mine had only just started to abcess.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment