Friday, January 28, 2011

Problems with Delta USA (dental insurance)?

I am on my second year using this company. I got a root canal done on an abscessed tooth last year, about six months after I had enrolled, and had a crown put on it, and they refused to pay the dentist for it because it was a "pre-existing condition" when I signed up (for reference, the tooth had a cavity, but was not abscessed, when I enrolled). The dentist was very generous, and did not ask for me to pay the difference, but was not able to treat me anymore. I switched to another dentist, and it is about six months into my second year with Delta (continuously enrolled), and about three weeks ago, I had a root canal done on another tooth, which had some decay at the point when my first dentist looked at it a year ago, but was not even a cavity yet. I had a wisdom tooth extracted yesterday by a dental surgeon at the same office on Friday, and when I got home, there was a letter waiting for me from Delta, saying that they would not be paying my present dentist for the root canal, since there was evidence of decay reported by my previous dentist, and that these records had been passed on to my present dentist before they did the root canal procedure. Is this even legal? There was no way the tooth for which I received the most recent root canal was in any state of "pre-existing condition" when I initially signed up with Delta. Moreover, I waited to have the crown put on until I got the wisdom tooth extracted, and now I'm worried that the dentist will either refuse to finish the crown, or will do it, but that neither he nor the surgeon will get reimbursed for any of their work by Delta. Should I worry about Delta calling my wisdom tooth a "pre-existing condition" as well?
--------------------
health-quotes.isgreat.org - I switched to this health insurance from them, cause it gives much cheaper rates for m?.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment