Monday, January 24, 2011

Can using a portion of my health insurance affect my dental insurance?

Well a few days ago i asked someone why they hadn't went to the eye doctor they told me the reason was their mother had recently had a root canal. She said she had to pay off the remaining balance of the root canal before the money would be available through her insurance to get him his glasses. Now we both felt that she just didn't feel like taking him to get glasses for other reasons such as saving her money to get a whole new tooth. Are we right to assume this mother is placing her needs in front of her child's or did her root canal really affect the chances of this young man getting his glasses?
--------------------
This is the first time ive heard about this situation. Most of the time, dental services are separate from your health insurance. In the 5 companies that i have worked for before, i had 2 separate cards - one for my health insurance and one for my dental needs. I can use as much of the benefits available on my insurance card and not worry about affecting my dental insurance and vice versa. I think it would be best if you contact your friend's mother and call her insurance company and inquire about it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment