Monday, January 24, 2011

Is there any way I can get dental work done in Iowa with no income or dental insurance?

I haven't worked for the past year. The local low-income dental clinic has been giving me the run around for a few months now. They need proof that I haven't worked for the past year, but the IRS and Social Security can't give me anything proving this until June or July at the earliest. The dental clinic is now telling me that I have to file taxes saying I didn't work. Then I have to wait for the IRS to send me back something saying they agree I didn't work. I've been missing a filling that is 1/3 of my tooth since October and now it's starting to hurt all the time. So how can I get this taken care of if the local low-income clinic won't help me?
--------------------
If there is a college with a dental school nearby you can get treatment for your tooth there without any paperwork or income qualifictions. The dental schools will take everyone without any qualifying and no or almost no charge. Make some calls and see what you can find out. Here is a link for the University of Iowa Dental School for patients: http://www.dentistry.uiowa.edu/public/pa…
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment