Monday, January 24, 2011

how come military familes have to co pay insurance, dental , glasses etc....?

I mean my husband is in the military we have to co pay for eye wear because I do not live near a base but he WORKS for the government. But all the things we co pay for people on welfare get for free. 100% of dental 100% eye wear all that but when I need glasses I only got my exam for free had to pay for my eye wear. this is crazy..... Welfare gets help with child care but Military with a working spouses get no daycare help unless you live on base. I cant live on base because i live in Oregon and have medical issues that I have been withone doctor through it but even if I lived in Lejeune where he is stationed I would have the same issue almost
--------------------
Good grief. Army wife here. You need an attitude adjustment. You have such a misguided sense of entitlement! Just because your husband is military doesnt mean that you get everything for free. Think of alllll those things you get for discounts just because of your husbands service. Commissary and PX privileges, good insurance coverage, dental coverage, housing allowance. If you cant afford the copays and glasses, well tell husband to get an AER loan. If you have Prime coverage you shouldnt have copays unless you went to doctors without a referral from your PCM. There are people who are paid by the military to just sit and wait for a phone call from YOU with a problem so they can try to FIX IT. There is a thing called CHAIN OF COMMAND that fields calls from wives with problems, and try to FIX THEM. Do you think employers in the civilian world give a RIP about your problems??? NO THEY DONT!!! I PROMISE they dont. Just because you dont live on a military installation doesnt mean you dont receive those benefits. That is your choice to live in Oregon. I am pretty sure there are doctors close to where your husband is that can treat you. You may have to travel a little, but at least you will be close to your husband....unless you dont want to be near your husband? And as far as the stress of deployments, well, SUCK IT UP! Deployments are a sure thing, they arent going away. So if you dont like the fact that you dont get free eyeglasses and your husband deploys, then divorce him. Good grief why does it bother you for him to deploy? You are apart from him now anyway! And YOU are stressed? How about HIM? You ever think of anyone besides yourself? You have better dental and medical coverage than civilians. Know how I know? Because I have BEEN ONE!! It is wives like you that give US a bad name. Be thankful for what you have and be thankful for a husband who provides for you with his dedicated service.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment