Friday, January 21, 2011

Have you had a tooth implant w/out dental insurance?how much did it cost you?

Because I don't want a "bridge". --Much more prefer the tooth implant--it's a molar. Or will have been a molar implant. And how many visits to the dentist did it take overall for the completion of your new tooth? ty
--------------------
I have not had one myself, but I am a dental assistant in Michigan. In my area I believe the cost is approx. $2,400 which is close to the price of a bridge. I think an implant is definitely your best choice. People who have dental ins. tend to go with a bridge, because ins. will pay for a bridge but not an implant, so since ins. is not an issue I would go for the implant. I know it will take several visits. I am not sure how many at the oral surgeon's office, but it will probably take at least three at your general dentist's office.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment