Friday, January 21, 2011

HeLP!! Dental insurance question???

I was told in the consultation that my insurance can only cover 80% of my removal of my 4 wisdoms teeth. It will be $1,500 to remove my wisdoms and the insurance can only cover $1,200 according to them, the surgeon. And the rest $300 i have to pay. I wanted to know if this is true with other surgeons if i was to go to other places. Insurance doesnt cover the whole %100?? Is this true??
--------------------
Although I agree with many of the answers, that your scenario doesn't sound unusual, there is only one way to be sure. Get a copy of the policy or plan document. All limiations and coverage levels will be spelled out in there. My son's wisdom teeth were covered, but the plan limit was $1500 per year per person. His cost $2200 (3 years ago), so I could have said only take 2 out this year and 2 out the next year and had it fully covered, but I knew there was a good chance he'd never go back. If it's not too late, see if you can put the additiona $$ required in an FSA. It will allow you to spead the $300 cost over the full year through pretax payroll deductions. I think there is no 'bargain' in dental insurance as a whole, but if you collect $1500 in a year, you are a definite winner as far as insurance works. It's normally break even if you get your 2 annual cleanings...anything more is gravy.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment