Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Health insurance/dental rut. please help....?

I recently been laid off from my employer so I no longer have health insurance. But a few months ago, I paid my dentist $600 for a full year of cleaning and examination while I had health insurance. I have an appointment with the dentist tomorrow and now the dental office is demanding that I pay $140 for the examination tommorrow(they found out I no longer have insurance). I explained to the receptionist that I simply can not afford that, so she reduced the cost to $40. I am confused, shouldn't they honor our prepaid plan? Is what they are doing legal? Can I get my money back for the unused portion?? Please help.
--------------------
Sounds like your dental office is willing to work with you on payment. $40 is not bad. But if you already paid bring in your receipt to clear this up. Without dental insurance you may want to look for alternatives. See connectingbenefits.com for a good dental plan.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment