Sunday, January 23, 2011

I will have dental insurance in two months, but I have a cavity now?

It's in my lower back left teeth. What should I do? My insurance will be activated in 2 months, (six months, but it's already been 4 months since I got my job). What should I do? I don't want to lose my teeth. My parents said they will not pay for it because it's too expensive. They said wait the two months, but I'm scared that the hole will get bigger and filled with more plaque which will result in root canals... I don't know what to do. Should I just stop eating or something?
--------------------
The best thing I advise is to make sure you are maintaining EXCELLENT oral hygiene. Brush your teeth after your meals, floss whenever you can, and use mouthwash. You can eat but there are certain food to stay away from. Don't eat anything to sticky or chewy, like taffy or gum. Sometimes teeth can survive years without turning into root canals but there are times that the decay inside the tooth is too sufficent and in that case the only way you can avoid a root canal is by have a filling placed in time.You need to maintain your oral hygiene as best as you can and wait until your insurance kicks in.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment