Saturday, February 5, 2011

Can a Dentist submit a claim to 2 Dental Insurances?

Recently I canceled my Cigna plan and picked up Metlife, my dentist submitted a claim through Cigna, received payment and then submitted the same claim through Metlife, and received payment....I think Cigna paid because of the carry over and Metlife paid because that is my new plan. Now he is trying to charge me for what Metlife didn't pay....is that legal?
--------------------
If he billed for the exact same procedure on the exact same tooth to both insurance companies, then that is double billing and is wrong.... You need to take both EOB"S into the dental office, and check on this, and point it out.....if they understand that you know what has happened then you can go from there.....
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment