Saturday, February 5, 2011

Will insurance still cover my braces?

I'm 18, just got braces and next year around June I plan to move a few states away to my mother's house. I live with my dad right now and his dental insurance covered what I believe the full amount for my braces. Once I move, will the insurance from my dad still cover the expenses of my monthly brace tightening? or will I have to pay for that myself?
--------------------
Honestly, you have to call your insurance provider. None of us know who you're provider is, and what their rules/regulations are. I don't see why they wouldn't. You're just moving... Ton's of people move. But usually, when you're 18, you're no longer covered under your parents insurance... At least where I live. Note: If your braces are already paid for at your orthodontist, than you will have a problem. You will have to pay your new orthodontist each month for tightening. I don't know how much it is where you live, because I don't know where you live, where you're moving to or your orthodontist.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment