Thursday, February 24, 2011

Can I omit information on a health insurance form?

I have been having a hard time getting health insurance in Canada because I have been a carrier of Hep C for 21 years. Even though I have no symptoms and have liver function tests every year that are consistently normal, the companies won't touch me! I am about to have our first baby and would really like coverage for prescription drugs, dental and vision - that's all I need. If I don't put down that I have Hep C, what are the repercussions if I get caught? Will they know anyway? And if anyone knows a company that WILL cover me, with or without a waiver for Hep C related conditions, I will be forever grateful. Thanks all.
--------------------
They check your records they would find out anyway. Check with an agent and ask about a possible exclusion for the Hep C and any conditions resulting from it?
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment