Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I have a temporary filling, and its getting incredibly painful...What do I do?

I had a temporary filling put in on the 2nd of this month, and now its getting very painful. I went to a student dentist (I had no choice, we have no dental insurance) I have seen an endodontist and he told me that the student overshot and went to my nerve. So, a root canal is imminent at this point (luckily he's a family friend, doing it for free) He told me it would be an emergency if its painful, and that I need to call immediately if it is. But, heres the catch: I have to take three Regents Exams tomorrow. My mother won't call him unless I come to her with filling in hand. (even then I don't know if she would) What do I do?
--------------------
You have to decide if you can take the exams with the pain you're experiencing. Can you postpone the exams? The fillings should not hurt, so you do need the root canal. You're lucky to get it done for free because a root canal is about $1,000. If your mother won't take you, find someone who will. You should not have to suffer. Good luck to you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment