Wednesday, March 9, 2011

If my teeth are bad will Dentist or other people think bad if I want to be a Dental Assistant?

I'm going to school for Dental Assisting, because I really enjoy it! However, my teeth aren't completely straight. I'm a little self conscience because all the other girls have perfect teeth, and we have to practice on each other and stuff during class. Do they look at things like that? I thought about maybe getting my teeth fixed once I get good medical insurance. Thanks!!
--------------------
I'm glad you're enjoying your study. I'd say don't worry about having slightly crooked teeth- the orthodontist I went to once had less-than-perfect teeth... and he was an orthodontist! You shouldn't be discriminated against on the basis of your teeth any more than any other variation in features. It makes no difference to your ability to do a good job! Remember you're probably more conscious of it than anyone else is :) Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment