Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Why would I be having dental pain,in two separate teeth, since having a sore throat, 3 weeks ago?

I got a sore throat a little over 3 weeks ago. It was a negative strep. Doctor put me on antibiotics just in case. Ever since my sore throat, I have had two teeth really hurting. Long story short-I've been to my dentist several times and they can't find anything wrong. She put me on a stronger antibiotic, steroid, and a mouth gard. The two teeth that are bothering me are my front-top left and a left- top middle. I have been hurting for so long and with the holidays coming up, I want an answer to why I'm in pain. I'm ready just to have them pulled to relieve the pain. Does anyone know what could be going on? My dentist has taken several x-rays and nothing shows up. I even had a cleaning. I'm having a hard time eating and I'm loosing weight. We don't have a lot of money and the dental insurance we have, my dentist doesn't except. I can't get into the dentist who does take the insurance until at least December. I can't be in pain that long. I'm desperate.
--------------------
Yes, my answer was going to be the same as April V's. I'm thinking you probably have a sinus infection. The drainage from that (even though you may not even feel drainage) can cause a sore throat. Sinus infections also can cause the top teeth to feel pain. And that's right, they won't see anything wrong on the xrays. I'm surprised a doc hasn't figured this out, too. You might have been on antibiotics, but if it's a viral infection, the antibiotics aren't going to help, except maybe prevent a secondary bacterial infection. Sometimes sinus infections can linger for quite some time. The steroid should have brought the swelling down, however. I would suggest calling your doctor's office back (no need for dentist anymore since you got that checked out...there's nothing dentist can do if it is sinus infection.) Just ask the nurse if there's a chance you might have a sinus infection. I would definitely mention it to them. Then they might put you on something different, maybe it's even from allergies...that can affect sinuses, too, and antibiotics won't help that, either. I would try over-the-counter Sudafed and if that doesn't help, I would also try over-the-counter allergy medicine, like Claritin. You can try Benadryl, too, but it will make you sleepy. But call the doctor. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment