Thursday, April 7, 2011

Medical and dental costs for non UK in London?

I've been living in London for a few months and now really need to go to the dentist. I don't know what the medical system is called over here or what I am meant to sign up to? Is there a certain type of dentist I can go to with out needing to have any medical insurance or medicare or whatever it is called over here? Or otherwise how do I go about signing up? I heard and I might be wrong that you need to live here for 6 months before you can get it. What should I do?
--------------------
As a nonBritish citizen you will have to pay in full, unless you have pain, in which case you can call NHS direct to find out an emergency dentist who will either fill or pull the tooth for a small charge (up to about 50 quid).
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment