Sunday, May 15, 2011

Completely unaffordable procedures ... what is the smart thing to do?

I have a terrible infection in my back molars. The dentist didn't prescribe medicine due to me having surgery later this week. He printed out my treatment plan for me. The prices are debilitating. I'm on SSD due to Lupus. Absolutely no dental insurance. Horrendous credit due to medical bills that piled up while I was waiting for my SSD to start. Having my molars removed is going to mess up my bite and I don't want that. I need 2 root canals, 2 crowns and not to mention all the other work I need on my mouth due to being without dental insurance because of my illness ... since I've been out of work. I'm at a loss because I don't want to lose those teeth but Capital One ... no one is going to give me a loan based on my credit. Is there a way for me to get financed for this? Or should I just go on and get them pulled and no longer be able to chew on that side of my mouth? I feel so hopeless.
--------------------
Check http://www.nfdh.org/DDS.html to see if your state has a "Donated Dental Services" program. D.D.S. is designed to locate dentists who will give free care to patients who are financially compromised due to medical problems. This is a process that will take a couple of months to get your information and then arrange for someone to see you. Not all states have D.D.S. programs, but you sound like you would qualify. Contact your local or state dental association and and see if there are any dentists who provide free or reduced cost care for low-income, disabled or senior patients. Call your local health department and ask about health centers that provide dental care for free or on a sliding scale. Go to a dental school, if there is one near you, for reduced costs. Check http://www.toothwoman.net to see if low-cost or free dental services are available near you. Check http://bphc.hrsa.gov and choose "Find a Health Center" to see if there is a low-cost clinic near you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment