Sunday, May 15, 2011

How can I convince my husband to let me get insurance?

I have Bipolar. I just got disability in April so I have to wait until April 2011 before I get medicare. I will have to pay $110.00 just for part B and A. Then part D for prescriptions, I am figuring out because that will be my prescription drug coverage and apparently you have to pay $40.00 to $100.00 for that depending who I go with. My husbands insurance will not cover me because of preexisting condition and I have to wait a year. He changed jobs after being unemployed for 2 years since he lost his job from GM. He did not get Cobra because we really could not afford it. In the meantime he got appendicitis and we had to file bankruptcy. I found two great deals through Humana and United Health Care. I want covered if I have a medical emergency. Because we can not file bankruptcy again and we are actually getting our credit score back up! I have enough for my psychiatrist and medication which is important. He has me on a sliding scale (I have paid him enough over 10 years) which I am grateful. I can afford my prescriptions because of Walgreens plan for uninsured individuals. It is great! I wish he would let me get insurance. He did give me the OK to get vision and dental. But I need medical insurance. Then I hear people talk and see commercials on TV that you need supplementary insurance for medicare because apparently medicare does not cover a lot but I would still feel at ease just have that alone. How can I convince him to allow me to get medical insurance? I am at a lost. We can afford it with the quotes I got! Thanks!
--------------------
There's no decision or discussion here. His insurance will cover you for anything that is not preexisting, and any other coverage you get will have a similar exclusionary period for the preexisting condition. If you believe that Humana or UHC will cover your preexisting condition immediately, you either misunderstood or were lied to; probably the former.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment