Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Delta Dental doesn't cover anesthesia til you've been enrolled for a year...Question...?

I have insurance through Delta Dental through my employer Wal-Mart. I was reading they're benefits package and it says that anesthesia isn't covered til you've been enrolled for a year. I have 4 cavities, 3 of which the dentist wants to work on next Thursday. They told me after the insurance kicks in, my portion for those 3 would be $74. I HOPE they plan on using anesthesia, otherwise I'm not going. Does anyone else have insurance through Delta Dental. Does that $74 cover EVERYTHING, including anesthesia.
--------------------
The anesthesia code you are referring to is for nitrous oxide and/or IV sedation. Dentists do not charge a separate local anesthesia fee for doing a filling. It's all included.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment