Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How can a low-income person afford to go to the dentist?

I really need to go. my work offers no dental. I have no insurance,and I can't really afford to go. Is there any kind of help I can get? Welfare is no good because I'm over 18 and have no kids.
--------------------
Contact your local or state dental association and and see if there are any dentists who provide free or reduced cost care for low-income, disabled or senior patients. Call your local health department and ask about health centers that provide dental care for free or on a sliding scale. Your local United Way may also be aware of such a clinic. In some areas, you can reach them now by dialing 2-1-1 for "non-emergency information." Go to a dental school, if there is one near you, for reduced costs. Check http://www.toothwoman.net to see if low-cost or free dental services are available near you. Check http://bphc.hrsa.gov and choose "Find a Health Center" to see if there is a low-cost clinic near you.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment