Saturday, May 14, 2011

I want to whiten my teeth at home... suggestions, please?

I am getting married in early April, and my teeth are not white enough for my liking. No dental insurance, so that route's out. Are the methods like Crest whitestrips really worth the money & effort? Am I going to be happy with the results? Are any other brands better? Also, will once be sufficient, or should I do it a few times... and how soon before the wedding should I do it? If I did it now, would the results still be good in April? Also a bit worried about tooth sensitivity... anyone experience this? How bad and for how long?
--------------------
Teeth whitening is commonly accomplished by applying a bleaching agent to the teeth. The longer the bleaching agent is applied the better it works. Or at least this is how every teeth whitening system is marketed. The problem is that you really need to use a system that mimics what you would get at a Dentists office but in a more affordable at home do it yourself kit. You see whitening toothpastes only contain minimal whitening agents and so for the few minutes alone in brushing your teeth it would take an extremely long time to produce any noticeable change. Whitening "strips" while more effective then toothpaste again only contain mild oxidization activators within the "strip" so here again the results tend to take longer and not as long lasting but tooth sensitivity shouldn't last more than a week. You really need to find a system that is similar to the ones that dentists use, but in a more affordable solution. These tend to work much more effectively and dosen't cost you hundreds of dollars like a trip to the dentist would. There are many great brands out there that follow this "dentists system" for a great home teeth whitening I wish you luck and congrats! :)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment