Saturday, May 14, 2011

Is there a dentist out there that can give me advice on where to go when broke?

I have no money at this time. But i have a toothache about to kill me and if it dont kill me, i might throw myself out the window. I need advise from a Dentist. Is there such a thing as a Dentist that will put you on a sliding scale, so i can get this darn thing pulled. I dont understand, why this is not considered medical. It is interferring with my well being. I cant eat, sleep, or even think. When teeth hurt, we literally dont feel good. Dentist are out for the Almighty Dollar instead of our Health and Well-being. I am Mad as hell about this. Something needs to be done about this. I have medical insurance, but cant afford dental. The mouth is Small, but it cost the most to fix. Please give me advice, before i shoot myself. I wont, but i dont know how to live in this much pain.
--------------------
Hi! I have been in dentistry for over 25 years and if you lived near me (NYC in the US) I would be glad to help you for free. However, you can do this. Contact all your local hospitals and find one with a dental clinic. Most do. Tell them you are in serious pain and they will see you right away. Please don't be so mad about dentists being in love "with the all mighty dollar". We spend over 200K to go to school and to set up a practice is well over another 100 thousand. We don't want to screw anyone, but our expenses for assistants, office manager, over head and materials and lab costs are unreal. PLUS we have to pay their health insurance on top of that. So don't be so harsh. We don't make the monies Doctors do, and often we make a lot less then you think. Try to find a dental clinic in a hospital or a dental college near you. They will treat you for free and I VOLUNTEER 2 days a month for free. And a lot of dentists do because we know so many people have little monies and no insurance and believe me, I have done ALOT of free dentistry because of this. AND I AM GOOD!!! So calm down, make some phone calls and find a dental clinic in a hospital or dental school that will give you great care for free. You do the leg work and find it and you will be pain free in no time. If you have any other questions, please ask. If is NOT our fault employers do NOT carry dental Ins. That is their choice, not ours. So give us some slack. Would you work all week and not expect a full pay check? I doubt it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment