Saturday, May 14, 2011

Small holes in tooth at gum line. How long can I go w/o going to Dentist?

We purchased dental health insurance but it won't start until November.. and has a 6mo waiting period on everythng but cleanings. So do you think I can make it 6 months w/ small holes in my jaw teeth at the gum line? They don't hurt unless I poke at it & they are not black. Just holes. I was recently pregnant twice, back to back, I think I had a calcium defeciency that caused this. I also had another tooth that the dentist did a root canal on but when he filled it he left one side open on accident! (Its at the very back on my upper jaw teeth. He just couldn't tell I guess)There is a big hole right into my tooth. In your opinion will this become painful & cause more problems before I can use my insurance?
--------------------
keep your teeth as clean as possible...use hydrogen peroxide after you brush...swish it for at least 1 minute. it will get into the holes and clean out any debris. get some dent-temp o.s. walmart is the cheapest...about $3.99. it comes in a tiny blue container with a snap-on lid and is a greyish-white color, so it's not that noticeable. after thoroughly cleaning your teeth, using small amounts on your finger, smear and press the dent-temp over the holes, several times to make sure it gets in deep. you don't have to dry your mouth or teeth before you use it...the saliva helps it to set . you can't eat or drink anything for a few hours, so it's best to apply it at bedtime. if it wears off...a few weeks to a few months later, reapply. this stuff is really great. you can use it to re-cement fillings and crowns too. do get to the dentist just as soon as your insurance allows so that you don't have to have too many root canals. best of luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment