Tuesday, May 17, 2011

should i remove my permanent dental crown?

i don't have insurance until august 07 and i have a horrible odor coming from underneath my metal/ceramic permanent crown. i can't see the doc because i can't afford it w/o insurance. can someone tell me, if it was a good idea for me to take it off myself? it's already a bit, i'm sure if i keep shaking it it will come off eventually. i did have a root canal done before the crown was put on, does that mean i won't feel pain when i eat drink hot cold? please serious answers only, i know that i need to go as soon as i can but i'm afraid my tooth or flesh is rotting underneath my crown and it's bad and embarrassing. i do brush and floss regularly but maybe because the tooth had been shakey just a tiny bit for a long time... it could've done something to it? , it's the only location it's coming from.. i scrub my tongue all the time and the only time the odor gets set off is when i floss.thanks
--------------------
I would not do anything to it myself. You could try using hydrogen peroxide for a mouth rinse, make sure you do not swallow it. It will help "boil out" any foreign material in there, and help you gums, as well. I had a bad case of gingivitis and halitosis (bad breath) that's how I took care of it. My dentist is "old school" and he said to do this. It's inexpensive and very effective at controlling odors.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment