Saturday, July 30, 2011

Help. Root Canal, Antibiotics?

I was told I need a root canal. I was having some pains in a tooth where a filling had came out. I saw a dentist and he said I need a root canal and put some meds in my tooth with a temporary filling. How long will the antibiotics help with pain after the infection is gone. How long will it stay infection free if I have a temporary filling protecting the nerves. I know it needs done but I currently have no dental insurance and plan on having it in the near future.
--------------------
The problem is that the longer you wait,the more risk you have of losing this tooth.Eventually bacteria will get under the filling and cause more decay in this tooth. If the decay goes into the nerve then the tooth will need to be extracted. You also are running the risk of a cracked or fractured tooth. I wouldn't wait more then a month or so.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment