Saturday, July 30, 2011

Help: Root Canal or Tooth removal?

I am scared and broke....but I have dental insurance...
--------------------
~Your dentist will decide which one is best. They usually try to save the tooth in as much as they can. Root canals and the subsequent crown you'll need are expensive even with insurance, I had one 6 months ago and my out of pocket was $500.00, the rest was covered by insurance (which was close to $1,000 - insurance covered 80% of the surgery and 50% of the crown) I have had 2 in my life, and fortunately did not duffer any pain afterwards, but some people do have a horrible time of them. Some dentinst do not allow payment plans either... I had to fork $100 deposit when I made the appointment, and the rest right before the surgery. Don't be scared, you will not feel a thing when they do whatever it is you'll end up needing, and you'll get good meds for afterwards, Good Luck!!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment