Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I completed paperwork for new hire medical insurance. Company did not enroll me.?

The paperwork was completed within the required 30 days, but I never received medical or dental cards. When I inquired the HR department told me that they sent the paperwork to the agent, but I have not been enrolled. Is anyone responsible for my medical costs?
--------------------
Technically, your employer. This is called "employment benefits liability". If the paperwork went to the agent and they sat on it, there could be some professional liability there, too. Lastly, it can take up to 8 weeks for the insurance company itself to get all the paperwork processed. Are you "in the process" where it will pick up retroactively? Time to start asking these questions and requesting responses IN WRITING, so you have a paper trail.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment