Thursday, October 28, 2010

What are some tips for first time dental insurance buyers to avoid rip offs and scams?

never having bought dental insurance before can be scary, anyone have any tips to avoid misunderstandings, and high costs, and things like this ? Corporations clearly can trick people to get into their pocket books big time, so what are some things to look out for and avoid when you have never bought dental insurance before? (In California if it matters)
--------------------
Normally, dental insurance is NOT a good buy. Dental insurance typically only covers 50% of the work, has a very low yearly limit ($1000-$2000), and each procedure has a deductible attached (usually about $50). For the price it doesn't cover itself. I'm a self-employed so there is no "company benefits" and my dad is an insurance salesperson. There is NO WAY I can go a day without medical insurance. He WILL NOT sale me dental insurance because it just isn't worth the money. Also, my dentist discounts everything now that I don't have dental insurance. I didn't ask for this; he just started doing it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment