Friday, November 12, 2010

Anyone know of a good private dental insurance company?

I'm looking for a dental insurance company that is not connected to one's employee benefits...dental work is so costly!! :-p
--------------------
Let me tell you a few thoughts on this. First, call the dentists in your area and see WHAT THEY TAKE because you could pay for something no one takes. Know what I mean? Also, read the plan carefully. Sometimes they offer coverage similar to the price you pay for it. What I mean is, if you add up your monthly payments for the insurance, and then subtract the deductable, etc etc etc, it may not be worth signing on for a year. Lastly, if you can find a dental college in your area, or outside your area, you can often find very cheap rates and long lines. Something to consider depending on what you want done. I had a root canal done at one and the student was so nervous that I was upset, he was very, very careful and kind. I had a tooth pulled at the local overpriced dentist with a degree and he was a jerk who yelled at me and treated me rudely.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment