Friday, November 12, 2010

dental insurance they want cash upfront?

I have a wisdom toothh here in virginia that is becoming infected. I have top notch dental insurance that pays 90%. We only have one group of oral surgeons in my area. I am on antibiotics, but the pain is very bad. They want 500 cash to do this procedure. I offered to pay the copay upfront to no avail. What can I legally do?
--------------------
Can you contact your insurance company and explain your problem with this provider? I had a bad experience with one dentist when I had dental insurance that was overcharging and he told me that I need some dental work that I didn't need. I paid, and the insurance company paid him as well. I discover the entire scam, but I never bothered to report him, I simply switched to a different dentist. Try to contact your insurance company or to see if you could find a nearby dentist with a better option for you, it doesn't sound right that you have to pay that much money either. Good luck to you!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment